Bill 'Buddha' Dickens DVD?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Anyone know when this is out, who's it through (i.e. can you buy it online) and is it a compilation of the two Warner Bros videos he put out? If it is then I think it'll good value considering I paid quite a bit for the (crappy) quality video - I love DVD!

2. Baloo

Baloo

Mar 1, 2004
    San Luis,Az
    I have it. it is on 45 dollars but is 2 videos on a dvd, plus victor wooten, oteil burbridge, roscoe and other awesome players are included.

I recomend it, but.... like other bassist videos, he give you an example that bass guitar is an awesome instrument on their hands, an it tells you: if you practice a lot every day of the rest of your life, some day you can do it...... or better.

First day I saw it, I tougth: I'm nothing, I don't want to play bass anymore and I got a litle frustated.......

After a week I tried their exercises. Exercises are very easy to learn and sounds very cool with some speed, not need to be budha to play some of him cool techniques. :bassist:

3. Does he play everything on his 7-string?? Or does he use a 4 string??

4. Racsen

Racsen

Dec 6, 2003
    Turkey
    i think he use a 4 string too i have some little videos

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I hope they leave out the section where he advises players to learn the chords to the songs they're playing. :eyebrow: :rollno:

6. Baloo

Baloo

Mar 1, 2004
    San Luis,Az
    HE TEACHES WITH A 4 STRIGED BASS, BUT USES 7 OR 9 STRING ON SUPER PERFORMANCES

7. Baloo

Baloo

Mar 1, 2004
    San Luis,Az
    ok, for didactic purpose he plays a 4 strigs. On 7 and 9 stringed bass he let you see what a normal person never gonna do, it's very very impressive to see him, he intimidates you when he is playing, but he is a nice dude on video.

The lessons are:

FUNK BASS AND BEYOND
    intro performance
    plucking and thumping
    slap/hammer approach
    pulling technique
    triplets
    putting it together
    performance
    seven-string bass
    buddha discipline
    budha rope-right hand*
    budha rope- left hand*
    riff technique
    outro end credits

BASS BEYOND LIMITS
    intro performance
    2-5-1 concept
    jazz performance
    latin influence
    latin performance
    funk
    funk performance
    goals
    gear
    outro end creditds

*this lesson cost more than the price of the dvd

LEGENDARY PERFORMANCES ( WOOTEN, PASTORIUS, DAVE POMEROY, OTEIL BURBRIDGE)

EXERCISE TIPS FOR BASS PLAYERS (THEORY)

8. Chapbass

Chapbass

Dec 11, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    2nd Baloo's post. he teaches and instructs with a 4 or 5 string, but uses his 7 or 9 in just about all of his performances. I've talked with him a few times about it and he basically just said he uses 4/5 stringers only for simplicity in instructing.

9. Baloo

Baloo

Mar 1, 2004
    San Luis,Az
    Tell him I like their video, I just saw their video and I look him like a great teacher.. jaja