Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bill Fitzmaurice DR250 anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MPU, Jan 17, 2006.

1. MPU

MPU

Sep 21, 2004
    Valkeala Finland
    I'm toying about an idea of making a DR250 cabinet. Has anybody had a chance to try one? How did you like it? All opinions and info is welcome.
    Marko

2. I purchased the plans a while back and have not got around to buildng it. My impressions from what people are saying on his forum though, is that the Tuba-24 and DR250 makes a killer stack.

- Andrew

3. There are a lot of these in use. Active chatter is on Bill's board at:

Link to Bill's Board

The DR250 alone is perfect as a stage monitor. When you need additional bottom, one of his Tuba subs in combination with a DR250 is the ticket.

4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    I use one.

5. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Really? How do you like it?:cool:

Just messin' Bill. You've shown a lot of restraint on marketing your stuff here, and have added lots to the knowledge base.

6. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

+ 10,000

7. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Quite a while back I bought the plans for a DR250 (or was it the DR250a... I can't remember the difference in the model numbers at this point) and a Tuba24 with the intent to build right away. Well.... the plans are still sitting on my hard drive and the cabs still only exist in my mind. This summer though....... this summer.............

8. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    If I had the ability to make one, I would make one.

9. :)