1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bill Fitzmaurice Omni 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazz3625tonic, Mar 6, 2010.

1. jazz3625tonic

jazz3625tonic Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    Does anyone here on the TB fourms have or played through a Bill Fitzmaurice Omni 15? Also, any BFM builders in the S.E. Wisconsin area?

2. I'm playing thro a O15TB at present and love it! Have you tried the billfitzmaurice.com site? There's loads of info on the forum there.

3. jaibot

jaibot

May 11, 2009
    central new jersey

4. nothumb

nothumb

Sep 20, 2006
    NYC
    i have the omni 215, it was built by a fellow TB'er and i got it used. it's a very efficient cab, but if i ever start gigging a lot again i will probably just go with an 810.

5. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I play through a BFM Omni 10, and it is absolutely a killer cabinet. The O15 goes a bit lower, and is voiced a bit differently.
    Go to Bill's site and do some reading, you'll learn a great deal.

6. jazz3625tonic

jazz3625tonic Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    Thanks for the response everyone......I have been to the BFM site and learned a lot about these and other cabs. It looks like it's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm thinking the Omni 15 without the tweeter. But I also like the idea of the Omni 15 Tall Boy. I have the plans for the Omni 15 and TB member "sundogue" might be able to hook me up with getting the cab built. I'm leaning towards getting the cab (shell) done and then finish it up myself.
    Having learned how to read an SPL chart has opened my eyes so to speak. I now look at at all the other production bass cabs on the market differently now.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020