Bill Haley and the Comets - "Rock Around the Clock" tab, please?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by punkdude4, Oct 22, 2002.

1. punkdude4

Jan 7, 2002
    can somone please do the bass tab for Bill Haley and the Comets - Rock around the clock tonight please i really need it thank you
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    here's a chord chart courtesy of TBer Phil Smith the song is on the right halfway down, enter the key and you have a start

The line is a walking 4 to a bar jobby that's more jazz than rock. Stick to using root 3rd 5th 6th and flattened 7th eg in C

CDEFGABC the 7th (B) gets flattened so it's Bb

Just transpose it to the key you will be using.

Hope that helps. If not hold out for a tabber
  3. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Rock around the clock is pretty much just a 12-bar. A simplified one at that.
  4. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    I think CS wins the award for most helpful reply so far... I'll pass on assigning awards for the others :p

As a general note, when asking for tabs it is very helpful if you explain where you have looked and how much work you have put in so far. As a general rule, the more work you've done yourself, the more willing others will be to help you take it further.

So... punkdude4, how far have you got so far?

5. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    :oops: and I got away with missing the D out on the scale

Hey Wulf did you get my e-mails?
  6. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    I guess I should edit my post to say "I think CS wins the award for most helpful looking reply so far,not that I've actually tried it out (being at work) or paid enough attention to vouch for the accuracy of his work,..." :cool:

BTW, I have got your emails but in the welter of life (including an epic grocery shopping trip on Monday and another 4 hour rehearsal with one of the bands last night) haven't yet got round to composing any reply. Looking at the schedule ahead, I may manage to get back to you roundabout 2006 ;)

7. billio

billio Bass Head

It's here - 2006 I mean :eek:
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

A Blast from the past - haven't seen wulf or CS posting much lately....?

Hopefully wulf's schedule will let him get back...but I think CS (Chris) is more into guitar and other things these days...?