Bill Lawrence basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CoolHat, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Does anybody here have any experience in Bill Lawrence basses? His pick-ups seem to be pretty highly regarded, but I haven´t found any info about his instruments. There´s one for sale in local shop and the price doesn´t seem too bad:

Anyone, anything?
  2. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    I didn't even know these existed. I like the headstock. My advice - check it out with your ears & hands & use your own judgement. As long as it doesn't have the Fender engineered dead spot, I'd buy it myself. I don't have a p/j and like white myself! Bill's phone number is on his website. Call him up for additional info.
  3. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Check with Bill at FWIW, it's possible that this bass may be from a rip-off line that was made against his will and without his consent. I'm not saying this is definitely so, but I know this happened with some guitars, so it's not conceivable that something similar could have happened with basses. Best to get it from the source.
  4. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    Yes, I know there is a long history of Bill's name being used against his will. That is most probably one of those, but also a collectable. I know a lot of people that like that stuff. Ibanez-Rickenbacker anyone?