1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

bill lawrence j-45s do they fit normal jazz holes?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mike_odonovan, Jun 21, 2005.

1. i am looking at routing some pickup holes in a bass i am building and i have a set of jazz bass pickup templates from Stew Mac. will the J-45s fit the standard router template?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

the BL J-45 I have is the same as a standard neck J. The screw towers are a little different for a bridge so dropping one into the bridge position probably is not going to work - depending on the bass and routings (seems MIM Fenders are both necks). I don't know if his J-45's are all the same length as are the Ken Smiths or not. His site may say and probably a search or an email to him would confirm it one way or another. He may be better answering phone calls. Don't know, haven't done either.

Afterthought: I bought these from a BT'r adn seems he said he used the bridge in a picollo bass but I don't recall him mentioning whether they were equal or different length.

3. the bill lawrence pups came today!!
    and they fit the stew mac templates.
    only asked as i was gonna route before they got here - i been waiting ages. so have now answered myself

4. hehehe, he said 'jazz holes'

5. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Since you said template(S), I assume they must be different lengths?

6. yep they are the " normal" jazz set - different size for each