bill lawrence j-45s do they fit normal jazz holes?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mike_odonovan, Jun 21, 2005.

1. i am looking at routing some pickup holes in a bass i am building and i have a set of jazz bass pickup templates from Stew Mac. will the J-45s fit the standard router template?
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

the BL J-45 I have is the same as a standard neck J. The screw towers are a little different for a bridge so dropping one into the bridge position probably is not going to work - depending on the bass and routings (seems MIM Fenders are both necks). I don't know if his J-45's are all the same length as are the Ken Smiths or not. His site may say and probably a search or an email to him would confirm it one way or another. He may be better answering phone calls. Don't know, haven't done either.

Afterthought: I bought these from a BT'r adn seems he said he used the bridge in a picollo bass but I don't recall him mentioning whether they were equal or different length.
  3. the bill lawrence pups came today!!
    and they fit the stew mac templates.
    only asked as i was gonna route before they got here - i been waiting ages. so have now answered myself
  4. hehehe, he said 'jazz holes'
  5. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    Since you said template(S), I assume they must be different lengths?
  6. yep they are the " normal" jazz set - different size for each