Bill Lawrence J bass pups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pmgleenis, Aug 13, 2009.

1. pmgleenis

pmgleenis Inactive

Apr 30, 2009
    I have used Bill P bass pups in the past and was blown away by them. Their price is also killer. I received my first set of J bass Pups last week and put them in my Road Worm J bass. The difference was night and day. I still have my Antiquity IIs in my Fretless "Jaco" like bass, but may try a set in that bass too. They are priced VERY well and Bill's rep is nothing short of amazing. You can't go wrong. I had a set of Nordstrand NJ4SVs i my fretless before with a J Retro and really hated the sound. I put the Antiquity IIs with Andrew Padilla's 62' Varitone and now the bass just kills. The harmonic jump off like nothing else. I'm working on another fretless and am going to put the Bill L J bass pups on that bass. They kill and the price is VERY right. :hyper:

2. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Love mine as well.
    Does the ultra high projection of the "A & "D" pole pieces bother you?
    I find thye tone and volume to be very well balanced but would prefer to get the overall pickup height slightly higher without the strings banging these poles.

3. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Tap 'em down like I said a few weeks back then.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021