1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bill Lawrence J45s w/ Bartolini pre?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassman275, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Well, I just scored a set of Bill Lawrence J45's.I want to know if anybody has run these with the Bart pre?If so, what are Your feelings on this setup?Also,What are Your opinions on the lawrence p/u's in general?Thanks for any input!!

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    J45 is a great pickup. Very clear, very quiet. I ran mine passive. They would probably do fine with the Bart pre given their clarity.

3. bkief1

bkief1

Dec 25, 2005
    You can always call Bill at his toll free number as listed on their website
    http://www.billlawrence.com (877-647-2651)

Both the J-45 & P-46 (P Bass pickup) are champs.

4. Hey,I just put this combo in this bass I built.Clean and Vintage!!!Very nice pickups!

Attached Files:

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    How does the neck pickup sound when soloed? I'm interested in trying a set in my Carvin BK4 but it's impossible around here to find someone who has one in a bass that I could try. Of course, the very long waiting time puts me off too.

6. The neck pickup soloed gives a very big bottom with the perfect mid growl.It's funny beacause i'm more of a bridge pickup guy but,honestly this is the best souding neck pickup I've ever heard.I will try to make some sound clips and post them.I fully recomend these pickups for quiet,vintage sound.

7. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Thanks. That's exactly what I was hoping. I think I'll order a set and just hope they arrive sometime this year.

I'd be interested in hearing a soundclip when you have time.