1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bill Lawrence P-bass, value.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Smith373, Oct 11, 2000.

1. In 1983 or so I bought a Bill Lawrence P-bass with the split pickup, tobacco sunburst and signature stamped on the bolt-on neck plate (B06725, serial #). I'm just curious about the value of these basses. I've never seen another BL bass; I tried to go to his web site but can't get there for some mysterious reason. It sounds best with flatwounds but I like that heavy low stuff. The G string is too loud in proportion to the others- or the E and A may be too soft... but that may be pickups or strings. I got a set of Carvin flats last Dec 'cause they were cheap (price) and I just wanted to see about the sound on the BL. Back to Bill. I think I paid $250.00 or close in '83. I have no idea about value, rarity or rep for these. Hell, its been fine for me with rounds or flats so no complaints here except the loud G string (with rounds, too). Any comments are welcome - just be polite if they're negative. :)