1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bill Lawrence USA Swamp Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Billy-Bob, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Billy-Bob

Billy-Bob

Nov 4, 2005
    So Cal
    Anyone try one of these? I picked one up after stopping by the Lawrence booth at NAMM. Pretty cool bass, swamp ash body with a wicked humbucker. After getting this set up properly, it really is a good playing and sounding bass. Well balanced, pretty lite, very balanced output from string-to-string. I'm a big fan of this P/U for sure.

Billy-Bob

Attached Files:

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Reviving this old thread--it was the only one on these basses I found in a search. Anyone else played one of these bad boys?

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    bump

4. azarias

azarias

Mar 19, 2009
    From what i know and a tiny bit of googling just verified...
    These are made by Bill Lawrence USA which is NOT the real Bill Lawrence. It is owned by Jzchak Wajcman. I wouldnt touch any of this guys stuff. It is probably not bad but i would rather have Bills Current pickups designed by him.

Its my opinion that buying from this other guy is like buying Bills older designs manufactured by a 3rd party who may or may not have good quality standards.
    I would rather benefit from Bills advancements in the last 20 years.

The real Bill is here
    http://wildepickups.com/

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Agreed as I've read that the Jack guy is a slime ball. I'd steer clear!

6. I saw one of these hanging in my buddies studio, it played great but was def a parts assembled bass. I guess they were made for Namm to show off the pickup. His wife paid $200 on Ebay for it.