1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Bill Lawrence/Wilde P-46 Precision Pickup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by slap2much, Dec 19, 2017.

1. slap2much

slap2much Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Price:
    $55
    I just bought this a couple weeks ago here and it sounds great! But, because of my string spacing I need to put something else into this bass.

It's currently in an ultra-narrow spaced 5 string and the pole pieces are spaced wide enough that the middle string is louder than the rest (it's being picked up by both sides of the pickup). If you have a 4 string you won't have this issue, I tried it briefly that way and response was even all the way across.

Looking for a similar sounding step-up P pickup, maybe a Duncan SPB-2 or similar. If you have something you want to run by me please PM. I'll take $55 shipped if you don't want to make a trade. Thanks!

Here's what it looks like now:

IMG_0204.JPG

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  2. can you tell me how these fit a 5 string vm squier precision

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    slap2much likes this.
  3. slap2much

slap2much Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    It's a standard sized precision pickup -- my 5 string is built on a 4 string bass body and neck. If you have a 5 string where one of the halves of the pickup is longer than the other you'll need a pickup that has that kind of shape. Hope that helps.

4. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    what is your string spacing? thx