1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bill Leigh Shafted by Miller Freeman

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by TimWilson, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Sorry to see you go, Bill. What a loss for us all. :( I'm sure you'll find another gig, but we'll miss you. You did a GREAT job at BP.

2. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    What? I haven't heard this news yet. Where did you hear it from...I guess I could go to the BP website.

3. The editor's letter in the newest BP (yesterday) is by Jonathan Herrera, explaining the 'restructuring' and the elimination of Bill's position. He doesn't come out and say it, but I assume Herrera is the new head at BP.

4. BP seems to shake up it's staff every couple of years. Guess that's part of the magazine business. Good Luck and best wishes to Bill Leigh.

5. I almost checked to see if it was the July issue... Richard Johnston pulled that one some years back.

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    There's also two threads in the MISC. Forum about Bass Player & the recent removal of Bill Leigh.
    Bill posted his comments in one of them.

"BP Rant"-
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517390&page=3

7. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    The first thing I did was check the issue's month..APRIL. Bass Player used to pull April Fool's pranks...I was hoping this was one of them. Guess not.

8. Oh, yeah... Duh.. I meant APRIL... I guess my brain is being downsized, too...

9. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...or foreclosed?
    ;)

10. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Miller Freeman? You go way back! It's NewBay Media now that publishes BP!

11. MR PC

MR PC Banned

Dec 1, 2007
    Perhaps this explains how this months cover has a photo of Doug Watkins, not Paul Chambers the featured artist.......

Too bad about Mr. Leigh, I've always liked his editorials.

12. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    You know...I think that is Doug Watkins.
    Wow...what a blunder!