Bill o fare at your wedding

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Dec 27, 2005.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

For those who had receptions following their wedding service/ceremony what was the menu and hours dourves offered at your reception ?.
  2. kegbarnacle

Nov 18, 2003
    I'm a wedding expert. I've been to about 125 weddings in the last 5 years. Been a groomsman 4 times. I'm 27, so I suppose this is the age where you spend a considerable amount of time at friend's weddings.

The middle ground is some sort of chicken dish served over mashed potatos with something green on the side. Usually a salad to start. Hors d'ovueres seem to be just whatever, I haven't seen much consistancy there. Nearly always a coffee at the end.

DJ spins the hits. The higher end ($$$$) has a live band. My cousin's wedding was the best - live funk band made up of off duty detroit cops. It would've taken Parliament themselves to top those guys.

Rehersal dinner is generally slightly better food, this is where you might get steak. Everybody thanks everybody, and I get another money clip.

So long as there's booze, the reception will be fine.
  3. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    We got married in the mid '80's and had the reception in your typical northern Wisconsin supper club. We had an open bar until chow time, then free beer and soda the rest of the night. Our guests dined family style on baked chicken, sirloin tips and all the fixins for something like $6/plate.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    keg....where did all of that come from? Major just wanted to know about menu choices. :D

5. McDonald's.

Well, ok, I'm not married (yet), but when we are eventually married, David and I want McDonald's.
  6. "The dinner was OK, but the cocktail hour was much better!"

Don't most people say this?

Yeah i have heard that alot actually.
  8. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    The most memorable wedding reception food in my experience was very cool at the time, but sounds really dumb when I tell people about it.

One of my wifes cousins got married a year or so ago, and at the reception they had several 'stations' set up. There was a large table of general hors d'oerves(sp?) that made no impression on me, a table where a man was cooking Steak Diane -excellent. And there was a station where two women were giving out things that looked like ice cream sundaes...made with mashed potatoes. You walk up and they put a scoop of potatoes in a martini glass, and then you choose toppings for it, just like a sundae, but with bacon in stead of sprinkles, or sauteed mushrooms in stead of fudge.

Anyway, it was awesome. But people look at me funny when I try to describe it.
  9. :eyebrow:
  10. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Our wedding was on a Sunday morning, so we had eggs, waffles, sausage, bacon, etc at our reception.
  11. We had a live band. Passed h'oderrves. And carving stations with ham and prrime rib. Oh and the most improtant part an open bar . . . but we each ( my wife and I ) had attendentants. each time we put our drink down, someone had picked them up and we had to ask for a new one - that sucked.

edit: my wife typed this reply and she's enjoying an alcoholic Christmas gift.

How did you guys plan for desert?
  13. This is Mike replying....I don't know. I DO know that we were sent packing with cake...but I don't know how the guests fared. The day's a blur. If my wife gets drunk again and gets on this website, I'll be sure to have here reply.

14. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Don't want to burst your bubble (well... :D ) but I've heard rumours he's gay, so... :D
  15. ouch... :D