Billboard 100 bassists

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by joeaba, Dec 7, 2015.

1. joeaba

joeaba

Aug 20, 2015
    Georgia
    It's been quite some time since seeing a billboard top 100 list. Other than a few arists, I'm not familiar with any of the songs listed. Are there any bass players that stand out amongst the most current top 100 songs that anyone would suggest checking out? Are there any songs worth listening to? I know I can go through them all, but I value my time and thought somebody here at TB might have already narrowed it down. I'm not really into pop music, but thought there may be something good out there that I'm missing. Other than pop music, I'm always up for hearing new or old stuff that others find inspiring. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. dalkowski

dalkowski Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    Spend some time listening to KCRW or KEXP and see what hits ya. Enjoy!

joeaba likes this.
  3. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    Jamerio Artis with Bruno Mars is a fantastic player.

joeaba, ImNotJoel, DWBass and 2 others like this.
  4. Who's Bruno Mars?
    Is he dating Jennifer Aniston now?

joeaba likes this.
  5. Chico Ruger

Chico Ruger

Dec 11, 2014
    Western NC
    I like Mars a lot. He's one of the few modern pop artists I like. He's a throwback and I'm an old fart, so ymmv. I don't know if it is Artis on all the stuff I like, but the bass component of Mars' stuff is generally excellent, imo.

brokenstoned and joeaba like this.
  6. joeaba

joeaba

Aug 20, 2015
    Georgia
    I look forward to checking it out. Thanks for the tip.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021