Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bills

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Hey, anybody ever pay their bills instead of buying a new bass or amp. I've been considering it, but it's so hard, and it seems so stupid.

2. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    I buy stuff. My wife figures out how to pay the bills. I think it's a pretty good arrangement. :D

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I buy stuff and let the bills pile up until I get shutoff notices, then I pay them all at once and deal with zero cash for a while.

4. I must be the freak in this thread. I aways pay my bills. It is one of my priorities. No need to by new stuff if the bills are sitting on the table. If you can't pay with cash you probally don't need it.

5. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    I'll buy that. ;)

I'm kidding, of course, although my wife does manage all of the finances. Besides being a generally responsible person, getting into financial difficulties could cost me my job. Which would lead to financial difficulties...:rolleyes:

Every year I get lump sum payments of some sort, either tax returns or reenlistment bonuses (the reenlistment bonus in my career field is about $60K right now - email me if you're interested, kids ;)), so I tend to work around those. I really try to avoid paying interest, but sometimes I'm will to suck up a few months worth to get what I really want. But I'm Mr. Big Ticket; I don't spend money on little things, like going to the movies or eating out. That's the stuff that kills you - I know young folks that spend $200 a week easy on entertaining themselves, and have nothing to show for it. You'd be surprise how much money you save if you cut all that crap out.

6. Thanks I try to be consistent. ;)