Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Billy Corgan-I think his solo album won't suck that much.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Apr 20, 2005.

1. I recently just downloaded an mp3 of a song from his solo album. It's Adore crossed with Machine. If you've heard the song Eye, it's like that. It's very electronic, but very emotional. You could look around and find a link pretty easily, but if anyone wants me to put it up, just tell me.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    ... but... his voice....

;) Sorry, he's a bit rough.

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

When does the album come out?.

4. June 21st in the UK. I can only assume it's the same in US. Give or take a week or 2.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Man, I like billy corgan's music and all, but I have heard many stories of him being a self absorbed asshat.

6. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Please do! Is his website back up yet?

7. oh yes, it's been up for a good while now, He's back to writing about his childhood.

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I think I would have like that song if it were used in a montage scene in the movie, "The Breakfast Club".As it is now, not so much.

9. OiBass

OiBass

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus,OH
    Um-Smashing Pumpkins records were Billy Corgan solo Albums-

10. Not really. Although there is the story he records all of the instruements sans drums for Siamese Dream, it's not true. The sound of SP was comprimised of all the the musical abilities of the members. Even though he wrote all the songs, most of the demos came out vastly different then what was on the album. Nice joke, close but no cigar.

11. I've still got press clippings from 91 where he admits to being a control freak and played everything minus drums on the Gish sessions.

12. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    I have a very good friend that works at a studio in chicago were billy has worked. He said he is like trying to take care of a 6 year old with a bad bad temper.

13. if this has an adore edge to it i'll be happy, def one of my favorite pumpkins albums. do you know when his solo is coming out?

14. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
  15. OiBass

OiBass

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus,OH

16. Sounds pretty good. I love the pumpkins, but havent checked out anything they did afterwards. How are Zwan, Chamberlain, and Auf Der Maur or whatever her name is ???

17. Joe Boom

Joe Boom

Jun 25, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Is it about the art or the artist?

18. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, like I said. The music itself is great. But as a person, billy corgan is hard to get along with as I have heard.

19. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Well i look at it this way. Is it the artist or the music that matters? Hmmm well i guess it really doesnt matter if you are famous and a butt hole at the same time. But i look at it this way if Victor Wooten was a huge pain in the butt i would let it go because he deserves it because he is truly a awsome artist. But billy is lucky to be in the place that he is. I can think of a bunch of people here that deserves to be in the place that he is and would probably as happy as a baby with candy. I dont know i will probably get dogged for this post but then again i dont really care. Tell ya this much if i acted like a baby with the recording studio people that i have delt with then they would have told me to get lost.