Billy Corgan impersonations

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Floating teetH, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Yeah, but your scientific method probably isn't as funny as this guys. Good stuff.
  2. I am listening to Zwan's "Come with me" right now...

Billy Corgan by far isn't the most powerful voice in music, but by far, he sings with SO MUCH more emotion then almost anybody out there. That's why his voice holds up. What he lacks in tone, he makes for in lyrics and singing in pure emotion.

With that out of the way, I've heard it before, it's funny.
  3. The only thing I can really say w/ my billy voice is "Billy."

But I pick out "billy-like" melodies and sing "billy, billy, billy" and it's great fun. I think it's hilarious how he goes from that ultra-soft stuff to sounding like he's about to scream. That's pretty much the key.

It seems like mr. corgan must have spent time developing his unusual way of singing.
  4. Wait, did zwan cover the song that puff daddy made out of led zeppelin's kashmir? :D
  5. Stephen Lynch is incredibly funny. His song "Special Ed" had me laughing so hard I fell out of my desk and bruised my knee.

Rock on

6. No, completely different song.

I suggest you listen to "A New Poetry" with Billy Corgan and a pump organ. It's probably the most beautiful thing he has ever done.
  7. pump organ?

That isn't anything like an upright organ, is it?

8. It's like an accordian in that you need to pump it in and out with air, but it has keys and works like an organ.
  9. I saw a guy playin' one on tv long ago, I think.
  10. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Nothing quite like recording yourself pumping your organ.

brad cook
  11. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I have one and only one question.......why were you in your desk?

12. I was hiding from the mole people. Is that so strange?

Rock on

13. they can't bee ]] in teh sunlight. thjyf