Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Billy Sheehan Attidude II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jackmurray, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Hey

I'm looking at the Billy Sheehan Attidude II bass. The guy at the music store is giving me a sick deal and i'm wondering if there's something dodgy about the bass. Do you guys know the pros or cons or any reason to buy or not to buy?

Any help (ANY help) would be much apreciated

Jack

2. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Yeah, I had one.

It's built like a TANK!! Amazing tone.

IMO, It's a collectors item, to be mounted on the wall, and played a few times.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    What kind of deal is this amazing one?

4. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    seriously just how sick is the deal? it was my first real case of GAS that bass was.... never got around to owning one though. I'd hit it if it's in good condiition.

5. dannoman

dannoman Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    I own a 10th anniv. all black. great great bass... a little neck heavy, but well worth it .... what kinda deal you gettin on it???

6. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    I share my experience with the Attitude bass.

When I got the attitude, I found myself wanting to buy "two" bass rig's, let alone one. It gave me the worst possible case GAS imagiable.

Also, when went for audience's, as soon as I pull out the Attitude, guitarist would run for cover. It's a seriously Intimidating bass guitar.

So, it was bringing me a whole lot of bad luck, and I got rid of it, stuck with the Fender P bass and been alot happier since.

If it's an amazing deal, go for it - but an extreme amount Caution.

Sorry Billy, but that's the way it was.

7. Only you can say if it is good for you, give it a test ride... and if you don't like it tell me where is it and I will buy it!!! ;)

8. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    I've had a few and liked them. I ordered a purple sparkle 10th Anniversary through BNW a few years back and Yamaha never shipped it.

I'm still bummed.

9. Wow, that was real helpful.

This forum is great. Thanks.

I'm getting it for $1700 Aus. It's marked down from $2600. I played it and thought it was amazing, when i tapped my fingers just glided over the strings. I just wanted to check if you guys have had any bad experiences or knew of any problems.

Thanks again for your help, Jack

10. Where in Aus are you gettin it?

11. I want one, what's the cheapest possible price?

12. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Yeah, I'd say $900 off is a pretty good deal in any currency. ;)

In my late opinion, the Attitude II might be the best production P-bass on the market. More-than-solidly built, versatile pups and electronics, and a Hipshot.

Great deal, and congrats!

13. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Billy sure plays the snot outta em...

14. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Assuming it's a reputable store, I wouldn't assume there's anything shonky about the deal. Never played one myself, but they have a consistently good reputation.
    Trouble is that stores sometimes order stock in and they sit there are gather dust for ages so the store will try to move it along for the best price they can get. The Aussie bass market is small and fickle, and most sales (in terms of numbers) are probably in the <$A1500 range so gear more expensive than this is much harder to sell.

15. There are two Attitude basses on ebay going for under $1000, i don't have URL's but you know how to find 'em :D