Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Billy Sheehan Attitude X

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Johnny BoomBoom, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
  2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    man, where's that lump guy....

3. Johnny, just remember thats coming from California, shipping is gunna be a bust.. ;)

looks neat, tho.. :)

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I've played the regular high-end Attitude, and it's one of those signature instruments that seems geared primarily towards the signature guy's quirks rather than the general buyer. Neck shape is a J-P hybrid, starts out real skinny and gets wide and flat up top. The scalloped fretboard feels a little wierd -like the action's too high, even though it's not. The woofer pickup doesn't leave a lot of clearance for slapping. I felt like I was fighting the instrument. Personally, I pass.

The Attitude X's, despite being a limited run, show up on ebay all the time. I think they usually sell on ebay around $800-900.

5. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    The opening bid is too high for what these are going for. They usually close at that price. Maybe a hundred more. I'd pass and look elsewhere for a used one. Try BassNW or Basscentral. Don't know if they have any but they could point you in the right direction.

6. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    i think the one your asking about is the 10th aniversary model. I own a original attitude limited
    and i love it, it is not meant to be a slapping bass.
    as b.s. does not slap, the p-bass p/u are very loud
    and the neck p/u is great for getting super deep low end out of, i run the outputs to seperate stacks
    and mix the sound on the bass. the scalloped frets are great for bending notes.if you like to play mr big songs, the tone is perfect. doug pinick from kings-x plays one also. look around for a deal, i paid
    $375 for mine in perfect shape w/ ohsc when a local music store was blowing out there yamaha.

7. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Thanks for the replies guys! I think that maybe I'll pass this time.

I realise the shipping was gonna be $200 - spoke to the seller!

The others I've seen don't seem to want to ship the the UK, this one seemed attractive because of that!

I'm not a slapper - so no problems here!

I'd really prefer a purple one anyway, and yeah, I found a few completed auctions where the purple ones were about $100 less!

They didn't sell, so I'll maybe try to contact their sellers and see if we can work something out!

Once again, thanks for your replies - it's handy having colleagues that can keep me right on prices on the other side of the pond!