Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Billy Sheehan in Caracas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by CaracasBass, Feb 6, 2002.

1. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Billy Sheehan will be performing on a Yamaha Bass-Drum clinique with drummer Akiro Jimbo in my hometown Caracas on February 27th........ and the price of the ticket will be less than $10..... I´m kindda dreamin´rigth now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused:

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    that's great! take a look if he'll use his new yamaha signature bass, if i am not wrong it's a semi acoustic bass...

3. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    ok, I´ll try to at first row!!!!!!!

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    OMG... i saw Akira on the same yamaha tour here on Mexico but no Billy Sheehan :(

its cool they are taking their music to the third world for free or cheap :)

5. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Dad gum the rotten luck! I lived in Venezuela eight years, all the time longing for a chance to meet Billy Sheehan, my bass hero, and he never came to Caracas. I wanted him to sign my Yamaha Attitude bass. So now that I no longer live in Venezuela, well, Sheehan shows up there. Bad, bad timing.

I did get to see Jeff Berlin do a fascinting bass clinic at the Teatro Maria Carena (Or whatever the name was. I forget.)

6. Billy Sheehan has a new signature bass?

I just got home from the Mr. Big gig, and he was still using his old (?) signature bass. Either way, it was one helluva kick-ass show! I must have yelled, "Billy! Throw me a bass!" At least 20 times during the 2 hour show, plus the 2 encores. :D:p

7. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Well you were close, with the internal political situation in Venezuela, living in Caracas is like a Carcass song..... but we´re still rocking!!!!!!!!

8. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Let me tell you that I still can´t beleive it, here (in Caracas) we never have the chance to see international artists like Billy.... only the POP crap.
    Thanks god Roger Waters will be playing in the Caracas POP Festival next march 17th, it is not Pink Floyd, but its pretty close.....:cool:

9. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Caracas Bass, I was fortunate to see both Iron Maiden , Pantera and Sepultura in Caracas. Gee, that was years ago! My last few years there, no big acts came because nobody could afford to pay them. Many exciting acts planned to come, even KISS, but at the last minute they would always cancel.

10. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    You are rigth.......I saw them too, and when Guns n Roses came in 1992..... even Metallica came 3 years ago.....