1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Billy Sheehan on Scientology

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brad Maestas, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Maestas

Brad Maestas Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    As some of you may know, Billy Sheehan is a Scientologist and has been for quite some time. He has been a member since 1971. For those that didn't know, now you know.

Let me preface this by saying that I am not a member nor do I ever plan on becoming a member. Furthermore, I am all for intelligent debate and although I am not a fervent anti-Scientologist, I do disagree with many of their views.

I just came across these videos of Billy talking about his church at an Anonymous picket of Scientology in L.A. The video was taken by the oft-censored YouTube channel "XENUTV." It just goes to show what a great guy he is, regardless of his beliefs. There's a former Scientologist member in the vids that is frightfully smug, interrupts Billy several times and thinks she's knows everything. Meanwhile, he's fielding silly questions from a meathead on the side. His handling of the situation is most keen and balanced. Exemplary, really.

Tell me, what do you think?

Video 1/4:

2. Been posted already, closed already. No religious topics and scientology gets people around here really riled up.

lowsound

3. Eh, interesting, but wayyyy overshadowed by Tom Cruise and his insanity.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I'm not a scientologist either nor wil I ever be but I do respect Billy. I watched these video's and respect him even more.

5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    No.

Not here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.