1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Birdland

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tommythecat71, May 2, 2006.

1. Tommythecat71

Tommythecat71

Apr 27, 2006
    does anyone have or know where i can get the original birdland by weather report. not the live one where jaco is like playing a lot more than usual.

2. Weather Report's "Heavy Weather" cd

3. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    yes, "heavy weather" is a great disc

-jimbo

4. callmeMrThumbs

callmeMrThumbs Guest

Oct 6, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    It's also on the Jaco Pastorius Anthology (Punk Jazz).....extraordinary album...my personal favorite.

-Josh

5. FusionArsonist

FusionArsonist

May 4, 2006
    great song wayne shorter assembled a supergroup there...

6. That was my first Jaco purchase. I'm glad I bought it first, but now that I've had a LOT more exposure to Jaco, that album is kinda weak IMO. They only have 1 song from his self-titled album, and yet they have all but 1 song from Word of Mouth:meh: I'll never understand that. Still, good album when I'm in a mixed mood. I like that they threw in some of his guest spots too, like the song with Mike Stern (Mood Swings), Trilogue, Brian Melvin, Joni, etc. It's a good mix. But that WOM to Self-Titled ratio is WAAAYYY off. Plus there's only 1 Weather Report song.

But then again, making a "Best Of" Jaco CD is bound to be tough. If they made it the way I think it should be made, it would be like 20 CDs.