Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Birds of Prey

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by embellisher, Jan 15, 2003.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Any fans of this show here?

WAAHH!!! :( It's been cancelled. One of only three shows that I watch regularly.

This sucks. How come quality shows get cancelled, and most of the mindless tripe gets renewed year after year?:mad:

2. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I know...I used to be a fan of CHiPS:)! Its all about the ratings my friend. Do you know any Nielsen families? I don't.:mad:

3. Does "Whose Line is it Anyway?" still exist, I haven't seen that in ages.

Family Guy gets cancelled, Men Behaving Badly gets cancelled, but Will and Grace survives :confused:. I wont even bother mentioning all the reality shows.

4. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Actually I thoguht birds of prey was kinda lame...enoguh sex and violence and any red-blooded american will watch it though, right? lol..I won't mention my favortie shows for fear of being made fun of for the rest of my existance on TB...lol...

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I don't watch tv... but I have a couple shows capped for me. Witchblade, Andromeda and Birds of Prey.

I'm still waiting to download the 2 BoP that aired last week.

:cool: Huntress :cool:

too bad they canned it.... at least Buffy is still on :rolleyes:

6. Never saw the show, but if it's any consolation, it's a kickass song by Uriah Heep!

7. Because most of the public has trouble understanding anything one inch beyond mindless tripe. I also feel that shows get renewed/cancelled behind closed doors, not just by ratings.

Gimmie the History channel.

Mike

8. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Witchblade - is that the one with Yancy Butler in it??? Saw the movie, was a bit iffy, but she was a babe!:)

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Whose Line is on at 9:00 and 9:30 weekday nights, on ABC Family. I don't know if they're still doing the primetime thing.

10. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i usually don't watch tv...the only two shows i watch are simpsons and that 70's show

bp13

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :) yup that's the one. I've got the movie and both seasons saved for future viewing. I've heard rumors it will be gone soon too :(

Summer series' generally don't last.

I got turned on to Witchblade from a Tomb Raider walk thru book (second one, I think)... I thought the movie was pretty ok, the first season was mostly great, the second was ok... but a let down.

I can't wait till the season 3 premier in June :)

12. But the acting and story line in BoP was horrible!! Now if they were to bring Animaniacs back to sydicated TV......:D

Rock on
    Eric

13. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    I recently got into "The Shield" on FX. My roommates are really into Buffy, so I've also seen my fair share of episodes. That's about all I watch anymore, especially since this season of The Simpsons is easily the worst one yet. It's just getting harder and harder to watch.

14. Ok, so it is just the dumbass local station that decided not to show it anymore. Sometimes they would cancel Whose Line and Scrubs to show a one hour program about male models, either that or figure skating. I guess they figured they weren't getting enough female viewers.

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

KLINGON BIRD OF PREY :)

16. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Don't hate, Rachel Skarsten goes to my church...

17. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    So does ANYONE out there know a Nielsen?? I can think of one (Leslie) who by the way had one very funny show by the name of Police Squad!:) How often does a t.v. show spin off onto the big screen (Naked Gun)?;)

18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I was asked to be a Nielsen at one time, and didn't follow up on it before the opportunity passed me by.:(

19. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I love Buffy,(love my little redhaired witchbabe).
    I liked BoP.
    I REALLY liked Family Guy, Duckman, Futurama, Married With Children, and any number of mostly-animated shows that were aimed at older kids and grownups.
    Police Squad was actually cancelled because the audience had to pay attention.