1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Birdsong C5 Short Scale 5 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JTaylor, Feb 17, 2019.

1. JTaylor

JTaylor Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Price:
    Strings:
    I am very sadly selling this mint-condition bass due to an old injury in my fretting hand that is limiting my ability to play a five-string. It is custom-made and finished in December 2017, and came out so well that Scott Beckwith decided it would be the template for his new C5 basses.

Swamp ash with a rosewood stringer and rosewood fretboard with face dots, black Hipshot hardware, dual soapbar pickups, 31” scale, 24 frets, maple neck and headstock, wood knobs and truss rod cover. Currently strung with D’Addario Chrome flatwound strings and only played in my clean non-smoking home, comes with the original hard case. It was 2600 new and I'm super bummed to sell it, but open to offers.

C5 white background. C5 body in case. C5 in case 1. C5 back full in case. C5 back contours. C5  back countours 2. C5 body detail. C5 fretboard detail 2. C5 on its side in case full copy. C5 neck on its side in case. C5 Headstock CU. C5 tuners ECU. C5 serial number. C5 upper horn ECU. C5 case label.

Bunk McNulty and beatlebass64 like this.
  2. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    That's a beauty! Don't be scared off by JT's lack of feedback here - she's local to me and a first-rate person to deal with. GLWTS, DM

beatlebass64 and JTaylor like this.
  3. JTaylor

Mar 18, 2017
    Thanks Dee-man!

4. Well, yea.....after all..he is...Dee-man!:thumbsup:

JTaylor and Dee-man like this.
  5. Hambone70

Hambone70 Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Beauty!

Long shot, but do you have any sound clips, particularly of the B string?

6. JTaylor

Mar 18, 2017
    Here is a video by the luthier:

Bunk McNulty likes this.
  7. JTaylor

Mar 18, 2017
    He decided to modify the Hy5 line as the C5 line this year based on the one he built for me because he liked so much how it came out.

8. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Ooooooohhh...:)

JTaylor likes this.
  9. Hambone70

Hambone70 Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks!

JTaylor likes this.