1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED Birdsong Fusion

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dee-man, Feb 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Price:
    Strings:
    Howdy TB. Not playing as much these days and hate to see great stuff not get played. This is an awesome sounding Birdsong Fusion 31" scale bass. Single pup in neck position. Walnut body with maple neck and rosewood board. In great condition and sounds huge and authoritative! Only issues are a slight nick/dent on headstock and, when I got it, there was some "sweat" coloring on back of neck, which I lightly sanded with 0000 steel wool. Back of neck is nice and smooth, hard to tell now and doesn't affect playability. Also, recently noticed a nick and a few minor marks on body edge near cord input (see pics). The most significant of these (and it's really not that big a deal IMHO) is on the underside of the bass. Strung with TI jazz flats. Weighs around 8 pounds. I got this here from the guy who toured it with My Morning Jacket. Comes with Birdsong hardshell case and all the Aussie tour stickers! Hate to see her go, but that's life.

$1650 shipped CONUS only.

Thanks for looking, DM

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Orange Caesar likes this.
  2. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks, OC. You know you need this! ;)

3. Orange Caesar

Orange Caesar

Nov 27, 2014
    NorCal
    Bought a ton! Gotta sift through what I won't play too much of.... then.... we'll see!

Dee-man likes this.
  4. jmceachern36

jmceachern36 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2005
    Cambridge MA
    Very cool bass. Fusion #2. There are some videos of the guy from Morning Jacket playing it on Letterman or Leno or some tv show kicking around someplace. I couldn't find it. Maybe SNL.

5. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Cool! I'll have to check that out. Thanks. The Fusion is a killer bass, as you well know. :thumbsup:

6. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Half-hearted bump.

8. offer 1300 Ben 678 502 6131

9. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks for your offer, Ben. I sent you a pm/conversation in response. That's quite a herd of Birdsongs you got there - impressive! Thanks again for your interest and I'll look for a reply. Take care, DM

10. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Still available and reluctantly looking for a new home.

11. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    I sent you a pm and you replied to it on Tuesday. Please check again.

12. Bump for Dee-Man! I was lucky enough to play this bass yesterday and it is Killer! Even more beautiful in person and felt great all the way up the neck. The cutaway makes for easy access up high.

The tonal variety is surprising. Sure, it can do the deep neck humbucker thing that you would expect from looking at it, but I was really surprised at the wide variety of tones available. Even with just the humbucker and flats on a passive bass I was able to get some really nice balanced mids and highs. Despite the simple layout, this is not a one trick pony.

A really great bass and top-notch seller. BUMP!!!

13. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks Mike! Super nice of you to say. Great to meet you and look forward to getting together again. Take care, DM

14. Orange Caesar

Orange Caesar

Nov 27, 2014
    NorCal
    getting the Birdsong itch again... gotta try to move some gear... again!

Dee-man likes this.
  15. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Price drop bump.

16. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Recently notice a few little marks and one nick on the body near the cord input. Just added pics in original post that show these. Not visible when bass is being played.