1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Birdsong Hy 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 77stingray, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 77stingray

77stingray Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Atlanta
    Highly upgraded 2012 birdsong Hy5 professional shortscale (31") 5 string bass (BEADG). Around 8 lbs. Spanish cedar back and macassar ebony top. Custom made knobs, pickup covers and truss rod cover out of cedar and ebony as well. Kent Armstrong soapbar pickups. Passive wiring, but lots of output, as you probably know if you are familliar with Birdsong. Scott nick named this the "eclipse" bass after it's custom details. It's the nicest high 5 I've ever seen! Hard Shell case & papers from Scott. $2650 shipped. Cash preferred as I am only selling because I need the money. Trades considered as long as I get cash as well and the trade is something that can easliy be resold here.

Unfortunately I decided to go back to grad school while this bass was being made. I just received it around a month ago and now must sell for living expenses in the fall. :atoz: I will post here for a few weeks and If no luck I will send it back to Birdsong to sell for me. It will cost less here so I thought I'd give TBer's first chance at buying it.

Attached Files:

2. kylej7

kylej7

Jul 23, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    I guess since he was banned from cycling Lance has turned to making pickups, very cool; and I guess it makes since considering how close he actually lives to Birdsong.

3. jmceachern36

jmceachern36 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2005
    Cambridge MA
    Bump for one of the prettiest basses I've ever seen.

4. 77stingray

Oct 6, 2010
    Atlanta
    Thanks Joe! When I get home I'll het around to editing the KENT Armstrong pickups :)

5. 77stingray

Oct 6, 2010
    Atlanta
    More Pics!!:hyper:

Attached Files:

6. 77stingray

Oct 6, 2010
    Atlanta
    Holiday bump!

7. 77stingray

Oct 6, 2010
    Atlanta
    Pm's replied to.

8. 77stingray

Oct 6, 2010
    Atlanta
    Played the Hy 5 at band practice for the first time tonight. The Birdsong stays! the Fender Goes :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.