1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Birdsong Mystic Prototype $1600 Semi-Hollow/Chambered Birdsong 1 of 1 FREE Shipping US 48

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by beatlebass64, Jul 22, 2017.

1. beatlebass64

beatlebass64 Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Price:
    $1600
    Strings:
    For sale is my Birdsong Mystic, a prototype for a Semi-Hollow/Chambered body bass. To the best of my knowledge this is the only bass made by Birdsong with "a little air inside it" as Scott put it. Scott mentioned to me that this was quite the undertaking and that he doesn't expect to make anymore, so this may very well be the only one of it's kind to be made.

Features:
    • Walnut top and sides, Rosewood back, Wenge "Tear Drop" Inlays
    • Maple neck and rosewood fingerboard
    • Semi-Hollow/Chambered construction
    • Ships with a Gator Go-Pro Ultimate Gig Bag ($149.00 value), a perfect fit for this bass!
    • Slightly larger than the average Birdsong. Scale measured from nut to the end of the bridge was about 33 inches.
    • Body thickness is about 2 1/4 inches and 3 1/2 with the stacked volume/tone knobs.
    • Passive Delano pickup - VERY powerful!

The bass is a little heavier than the average Birdsong. I don't have the exact weight currently, but I would guess it's in the 8-9 pound range. Balances perfectly, and the Delano pickup gives it a real powerful tone. With the tone all the way open it's a little more aggressive, cutting through the mix with no problems. Roll it back and it gets real warm, and if you roll the volume back a hair it gives you that classic hollow body tone.

This has been my main gigging bass for the past year plus. It does have a little play wear around the pickup (shown in pictures), and the volume/tone pots had that crackle noise at one point. I contacted Scott and he said it was most likely dust that had got in there, recommended I get a blower and that has taken care of it. Other than that the bass has been very well loved and is in great shape.

Brand new this is close to $3000, asking $1600 (PayPal only) with free shipping in the US 48 and the included Gator gig bag.

Any questions, please ask or message.

NO TRADES

Video is of the bass with volume and tone both all the way up, and again with the tone rolled all the way off. Sorry the bass isn't too visible, I wanted to keep myself out of the clip and couldn't help but throw my new CBass into the shot!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  2. klanger2003

klanger2003 Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2002
    "Connecticute"
    That's nice.
    What is the scale length and how deep is it from top to back ?

3. beatlebass64

Dec 23, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Standard Birdsong's are 31 inch scale. I measured this one from nut to the end of the bridge and it was just about 33 inches.

Body thickness is 2 1/4 inches, but with the stacked volume and tone knobs it goes to 3 1/2.

4. JayDA

JayDA Space is deep

Oct 4, 2010
    Dirty Jersey
    YOU.ARE.KILLING.ME

beatlebass64 likes this.
  5. JayDA

JayDA Space is deep

Oct 4, 2010
    Dirty Jersey
    Sent you a PM...let's talk...

77stingray and beatlebass64 like this.
  6. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    Any sound clips?

7. beatlebass64

Dec 23, 2011
    New Hampshire
    I will have some hopefully soon! Definitely want to get some up.

basss likes this.
  8. beatlebass64

Dec 23, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Video clip has been added to the first post.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  9. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Is that a push/pull vol/tone knob stack?

10. beatlebass64

Dec 23, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Just volume and tone stacked. Volume on top and tone on bottom, no push/pull.

11. SaucyJackBass

SaucyJackBass Supporting Member

May 6, 2009
    Still available?

beatlebass64 likes this.
  12. beatlebass64

Dec 23, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Yes it is!

Any questions please let me know.

13. beatlebass64

Dec 23, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Price drop down to $1800, lowest I will go before calling Scott and asking about a trade in!