1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Birdsong or Mustang or ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Carl, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Carl

Carl

Sep 10, 2006
    I want to get a very light weight short scale bass. I have an 8 1/2 pound short scale SX that I like very much, but playing more than an hour standing causes severe back and neck pain. I can play an acoustic guitar as long as I can stand, but my 8 pound Strat causes the same problems.

I do mostly folk and country at this time, but don't want to limit my options. I played a Mustang once and it is a very nice bass. Haven't seen a Birdsong, but the good people sent me a CD and it sounds fabulous.

I am sure that some of you have opinions on these basses and perhaps there are other light weight ones I should consider.

2. well, from what ive seen here, the birdsong and mustang are in 2 totally different price and quality points, the mustang be much lower than the birdsong.

3. I have had both a mustang and birdsong at the same time and they are as night and day as for as price and quality...its a choice you must decide as what price range,quality you want....:ninja: