Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Birth Announcement: NSEU6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by coyoteboy, Jun 20, 2004.

1. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Well, it's not here yet, but after waiting patiently for many...uh, days, yeah days, my bouncing new Steinie upright, will be delivered on Wednesday the 23rd. I'm so excited! If only cigars weren't so expensive and bad for you, I'd be mailing them out. Pics and hopefully clips will be forthcoming, though I have'nt purchased a bow yet. Planning a trip to Lemur soon to try out Carbows.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

p.s. thanks Gard and BassCentral. I highly recommend contacting them for you midwife needs!

2. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Shouldn't this go in Double Bass?

Congrats btw! I envy you!

3. coyoteboy

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA

Naw, I hardly ever go there, and they don't want to hear about 'lectric stuff anyway... :ninja:

4. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...still waiting for pics...

~S~

PS: Did you ever get a bow?

5. coyoteboy

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    The Bow is forthcoming, though a Carbow is probably out of my price range. Perhaps one of the Glasser Carbon Fiber. A trip to Lemur is definately in the works. The wish list for this bass includes a Undercover Bag, and a set of Corelli TXs.

The bass sounds and plays outstanding, even with the stock 'not quite so double-bass like' strings. The high C is very useable and has a smooth tone. Growl is on tap and vibrato is easy and responsive.

pics and clips...

...well...

working on it.

thanks for your interest. DM, I can't wait for the bow!

6. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...cool...

I was wondering if those bows are all they say they are...

As for the bass, how can Tony Levin be wrong?...

~S~

7. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    congrats. I only dream of the day i will be graced to own one. i played a four string a while back and it is the nicest playing upright i have ever touched, would loce to have bowed it.

8. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Do yourself a HUGE favor and order one of the deluxe padded bags for it from Bass Central. The stock back isn't protective at all, and the stand inside it will eventually ding your neck. The deluxe bag is a work of pure genius, and worth EVERY penny.

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Pure genius????

Uh....THANKS!

:hyper:

(I helped design it! :eek: I don't think anything I've ever been involved with has been referred to as "genius", unless it was screwing up....:p )

10. coyoteboy

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    The stand bag definately stays outside the big bag! Though I did turn the stand bag inside out once to put in with the bass. I didn't like the idea of the wood rubbing against nylon, but I just leave it out now.

Gard, is there a place for the stand integrated into the Undercover bag??

Perhaps a belated B-day present for me.