Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Birth of a Bass #2! New Custom!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wolfehollow, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
  2. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    The scale of the pic is not perfect... my photoshop skills are not the best, but it is the idea. :)

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I diggin' it. I like the use of a tailpiece. What's with all the knobs, thoug? That thing gonna make coffee? ;)

4. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    Oh, I forgot... it has the ghost midi/piezo system!

5. This would be the very first single-cut I like! :help: ;)

6. looks like yet another amazing bass! you have a lot of talent at this stuff...

7. Ohh, another one! Craziness, the last one was beautiful. Looking forward to some progress shots again!

8. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    can't wait to see the real thing

9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Is Jacob building this one, too? What ever happened to that amazing Bass Summit bass he did? I've been meaning to ask you how to get in touch with him. If you wouldn't mind PMing me with his contact info, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: Ok, I followed the link after posting...I'm an idiot. I'll be anxious to watch the skill and speed at which this one develops. He's done some great work!

10. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    You are welcome to come over anytime... Ill show you around!

More pics on tuesday.

11. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Me too!!!!!

12. same.. i guess i never saw your other custom.. can i see pictures of that?
    thank yOU!

13. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
  14. holy crap! That is amazing! What kind of woods were used on that?

15. I have to admit, I really like Jacob's singlecut design, and the fact that he's a hometown boy for me is really nice, too! Would you mind PM'ing me with some contact information, and maybe some idea of his prices? I'm not sure I'm really in the market for another exotic, but curiousity is getting the better of me...

Mike

16. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    My first bass was birdseye maple, mahagony, bloodwood and burled redwood. It is my main ax now and is wonderful!

This new one is a bit less practical but will be loads of fun when it is complete.

MZ- that single cut design is so comfortable sitting and standing, it just seems to fit perfectly. Very classical with a hint at the old viol design.

17. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Looks like it will be another stunner!

18. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    I actually had a dream about this bass last night. I walked into my house, and it was leaning against my sofa. My brother was there, and told me that you had stopped by while you were in town and had left it for me to try out.

19. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL

Jon, looks like you can do no wrong! All your designs are unbelievable.

That's a great piece of walnut you'll be working with there.
    So when should we expect it? Late Feb?
    :hyper:

20. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    Haha xush, he works fast so we shall see!

PJ- I did bring it over,but you werent there, so I went home... :)