birthday amp probs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TooFunkToDrunk, Feb 10, 2002.

1. Ya know, up until about 3 or so I was having a not-so-good birthday (yeah it is really tomorrow, but my family decided today would be better to celebrate it on) cos I had to see my girlfriend off and she won't be back for a whole month! So that put me in a real downer mood until lo and behold my parents bring in a nice Gallien-Krueger 400rb combo w/ 10s in it! :D I was a cancer dancin', I tell ya! So yeah, I'm funkin' out on this little monster and all of a sudden it gets real quiet. And now the thing is acting up quite a bit. It goes from the volume it should be at to half the volume and then it'll jump back up to the reg. volume but overdriven. I've scanned the manual so many times that I know it by memory!:mad: Now, I know I'm keeping my volume low enough that it shouldn't be clipping or anything, and I've fooled around with everything, including my bass and my patch cords and yet it's still being a pain! Can anyone out there lend me a hand?
  2. try different power outlets in your house. It may not be getting enough line voltage.

Other than that......I cant think of anything but to call GK and ask whats up.

Good luck, and let us know

3. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Trip from GK here. Sorry that you are having a problem. Contact me immediatley about getting this resolved. You can contact me at Do this ASAP! I want to help you!
  4. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    You were supposed to get a Birthday CAKE!:D :D ;) Candle wax can be bad news for a speaker :eek: ;)
  5. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Or then there's just one very deaf midget stripper inside the box :eek: :D