1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Birthdays and Clocks

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Apr 15, 2006.

1. This has happened to me literally HUNDREDS of times, more frequently over the last few months then in the past, but it's been going on forever. I wanna know if anyone else gets this too.
    EVERY day, at least once, sometimes twice, I just happen to randomly look at a clock at the exact time when my birthday appears as the time (February 19th = 2:19).
    And almost as frequently, I see the birthday of a dear friend of mine (10:23). I don't try to do this, I don't have a good sense of time at all, and I don't own a watch. So it's not like I'm constantly glancing at a watch and subconsciously doing it on purpose. This happens completely out of the blue.
    For example, yesterday: I woke up late (around 12). I take a shower, a friend calls me and we go out for a while. After eating lunch, I look at the radio clock in his car and see 2:19.
    Last night, same thing happened. 10:23, I see the time on my alarm clock next to my bed as I'm running in & out of the room to take my shoes off.
    Later, last night, I was watching TV, I got up to use the toilet, I came back, glance to the end table to grab my cigarettes, and the clock says 2:19.
    This happens literally every day. And just now it happened again, not 5 minutes ago. I was listening to some music on my computer, my dad came in to say good morning, so I paused the song. When he left, I went to unpause it and noticed that I had paused the song at exactly 2:19.
    Does anyone else get this? I'm not talking about like once in a while you happen to see your b-day on a clock by chance, I mean does it happen to anyone else here often. It's kinda freakin me out.

2. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    You've got the gift. :ninja:

[EDIT: It would have been better if you'd posted this at 2:19]

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium

4. Hmmm...you're right, my timing was way off. Maybe I'll delete this thread, then repost it in a few hours?

5. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    my wife's birthday............. it's amazing how often I see that on the clock.

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Wow that just happend to me as I was posting this , 4 . 17 PM

7. I eagerly looked down at the clock to see if I too could post at the time of my birthday.

Too bad I wasn't born on the 58th day in February. (2:58) :(

8. flatwounds

flatwounds

Apr 22, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Mine too...me too.

(11th Nov 1982)

9. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i think it might be that when you see that line up of numbers it clicks with you. how many times do you look at a clock a daY? i know i'm always checking one and if something like my birthday or "12:34" comes up, it sticks in my head.

i'm no psychologist or anything

-jimbo

10. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i think it just happens because you remember the times. like i happen to see 9.11 and 7.11 a lot, but i think it's probably because 9.11 is a pretty significant date that just stands out, and 7.11 is like 7-11 the store.

11. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    How about random street lights going out/turning on when ever you walk or drive by them?

12. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    that happened to me this morning as i walked to the bus-stop to go home from work! one by one as i went down the street--eerie.

-jimbo

13. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I was not born today.

14. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I have yet to see 12:17.

15. it was 10:23 when i started reading this :eek:

16. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004