Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bit by the Sadowsky bug

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alembicbones, Jul 20, 2004.

1. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    So on my last couple of lunch breaks, I went down to Bass Northwest and tried out a Sadowsky Metro. What an awesome sounding bass. I'm really not in the market for a new bass but boy it would be cool to add it to the arsenal.

Curse you GAS!!

Bones

2. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    Hey,
    which one did you try, the 5er?

Mo`

3. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Yeah it was the 5er. The '59 burst looks fantastic. Actually I'm kinda surprised it hasn't sold by now. We'll see, maybe I'll be saved from myself by somebody who snatches it up quick. Whoever ends up buying it will be one very happy camper.

Bones

4. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings
    Don`t tell me! I saw this one, I called and asked about it, but I need to sell my other 5er (it`s a MTD)... :(

Mo`

5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I see that BassNW has a used Tokyo 4 and they're asking $1399! It looks great. I sure wish I had the cash. :(

6. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Mo,

As I mentioned before, if you end up buying it, you will be in possession of one fine bass. Can't imagine it will last very long, however.

Bones

7. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    its sold. I called about it (the black one, the Marcus Miller bass). I betcha thats a killer bass

the Metros are indeed very nice basses

8. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    somebody scored a honey there.

9. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Once the Sad bug bites you will never be the same.....

10. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001

Thats a no joker right there. I've had a PJ5 since November and it still astounds me every night. I couldn't be more satisfied with an instrument.

But...for some reason...I'm going to by the next MV5 in '59 bust that pops up. I don't even know why.

Insanity.

11. I'm Pumped, my NYC PJ/4 will arrive tomorrow. I've been waiting a while.
    :hyper:

12. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I was at the Sadowsky shop and those metro's are Solid, best bang for the buck in my opinion. I am planning something big for myself out the NYC shop soon. :hyper: :bassist:

13. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Holy crap - you're finally getting that thing?? Congrats!

14. Yep, It better be good... I've aged waiting for it.

15. I made an impulsive buy yesterday - I bought A.J. Love's Sadowsky Metro RV4 (olympic white, rosewood board w/tort guard) - can't wait to get my hands on it! Thanks AJ! :hyper:

16. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am sure it will be all that, please start a thread with pics apon arrival. :D :hyper:

17. I'm hoping MR. S will post my bass (4050) on his site so I'll have the pics. Might take a couple days...

18. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    You Scored Big time! I'm glad it was a 4 string, cause I don't have the cash right now. A Metro 5'er is on my short list. Not sure whether to go Modern or Vintage. Leaning toward the Vintage version.

Love that Tort Pickguard/paint scheme! Congrats! - Gary

19. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Insanity is right...I'm absolutely crazy about mine. :D

When it's in your hands, you'll know why.

20. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Actually the serial # is 4150, misprint on the Auth. form.