1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

bit of advice please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by matt_dutyfree, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Hey there, I'm wanting to get a cost effective bass that I can tune BEAD for the odd songs my band does in different tunings and as a back up for my jass bass.

First of all are there any basses you would recommend or stear clear of? I'm consiering an ibanez GSR200 right now. I can spend more than that but it seems that you get £300+ worth for £180 with these!

Second can someone please point me in the direction of the best way to go BEAD? Ideally a link to the best tutorial thread!

thankyou very much in advance!

2. also considering ESP B-50 and viper 104. better or worse than the ibanez?

3. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I used my bass that I bought from Rondo. The Essex '62 P bass in Lake Placid Blue. It worked perfectly for that. I first tried just using the original strings to tune down and then I had the nut changed for larger .125 - B string. I almost prefered the sound with a .105 - E(B) string. It seemed a little more active. You really do not need a special bass to run BEAD. More than likely you just need a very good set up.