Bit the bullet...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GeorgiaHonk, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Sold my TNT yesterday, took the money from the sale and just ordered the Avatar B212. (Anybody interested in Avatar cabs should check out the sale they're having for the month of August.)

This cabinet will (unless I add another cab) complete my bass setup: AmStd Precision >> Boss TU-2 >> Reverend Drivetrain >> Tech 21 SABDDI >> Peavey MAX 450 >> Avatar B212. I know it's a fairly plebian rig, with very little sex appeal for the cork-sniffing crowd, but I'm on a rather restricted budget here in the real world.

I'm really looking forward to firing this rig up and seeing what she'll do. Since I've been well-served with the TNT combo up until now, I don't see any reason why this setup wouldn't do the job admirably. Thanks for all the comments, advice, and assistance from the good folks here at TalkBass. Y'all are a great bunch.

2. i think that's a pretty sweet rig. it's not huge, but it'll be loud and the bass is a very nice instrument. i have always loved a good P.

i am interested to hear what you like and dislike about the drivetrain. i have been considering buying one since i decided i don't like my boss ODB-3 at all. it was great when i bought it, but i can't get any subtlety out of it.

i'm glad you finally decided which cabinet to buy. i hope it's exactly what you're looking for.