Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bitter sweet

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, May 31, 2003.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    I was in the G/C Store shopping around for the lattest basses, I saw a sunburst Marcus Miller 5 string, when I took it down to play it, I noticed the B and E strings were very tight and the bass had that FAT FENDER SOUND:D

The sales person came to me and said " I see you really like this new MM5"

I said oh yea!!! he said "well take it, its yours" :eek:

after I gave him that "what do you mean by take it, its yours" look, he told me he was the manager of the store and was in a good mood, so I should take the bass for free and leave before he changes his mind:eek:

I said Kool! I packed it up and headed for the door, and just as I was comming to the exit door, I felt something kicking me in the back of my head, when I turned around to see what the heck it was, it was my two year old daughter, who had crawled in the bed, IT WAS A DREAM:mad:

No brand new Marcus Miller sunburst 5! just a very disapointed dad who wish he could have had just another minute to get out the door with the bass.

that was the bitter, the sweet is that on Memorial day, the G/C did have a big blowout sale and I picked up a warrior 5 string lacewood for 999! :D

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    great story!

when i bought my first guitar, a gibson midnite special, the salesperson pointed to about 50 guitar cases and said - if ou pick the one with yours in it you can have it for free! i took a lucky guess. i was right. he lied.

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yesterday I woke up after I had, in a dream, slayed a dragon. Now, if you haven't tried becoming a dragonslayer in your dream yet, I highly recommend it. It's a great way to start your day, I was in great mood for the whole morning :D

(Of course, being my dream, when I returned home with the dragons heart or something in my sack and went "you know what I have in this sack fellas? our people are now free of fear!", they replied "aha, well good for you mate, laters"! :mad: )

4. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I love dreams. I dreamed my friend Chris and I were playing catch with a hand grenade last night... i dunno.

5. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    your quote

" love dreams. I dreamed my friend Chris and I were playing catch with a hand grenade last night... i dunno."

hmmmm,,,,,,,,,
    I would suggest something a bit more SAFER! :D

:eek: :eek:

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I'm guessing a swing in this thread to "What do you dream about", and I'll be the start of it! :D

My dreams are always odd. James, care to tell them? Haha. That one's a long story, but it boiled down to me seeing that he changed his AIM profile, and the world started blowing up. Next I save the world by throwing a full beer bottle down this huge crack, and the President of the U.S. (who now I recall as being Billy Corgan) gave me $1. So I spent the dollar on a Hershy bar that blows up and kills me...

If you think that one's bad, be glad this is a rated forum ;).

-Ray