Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bittorrent......sorry guys.........

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by paniak17, Sep 26, 2005.

1. ok......well, ive never used any filesharing system in my life, but eveyone was telling me to use bittorrent, so i was like what the hell, everyone else is doing it. So i started downloading Roger Waters's "In The Flesh" DVD and its about 58% complete. I tried playing it but it say's its not a video file. Is it just because its not done downloading? or is it because its a VOB file? There are nine files in the folder right now 4 IFO files, and 5 VOB files. What do I do?

2. Well, bittorrent isn't just for illegal filesharing. Legitimate websites are using it because it is a good system for downloading.

Anyway, as for your problem. VBO is a Video OBject file, it is the video and audio. The IFO file contains scene and timing information. My guess is that the problem is that it isn' finished downloading.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Stealing is WRONG and discussing said activities on an internet forum is just plain dumb.

DVD's are made up of a few files and you cannot 'stream' them. When finished, DVD software should play them. Even if they are 'streamable', it's a slim chance you've got the data in sequencial order... with torrent, you get the pieces you can get from the Seeds and the Leaches in your nod.

take that application and go to www.archive.org or one of the LEGAL live music sharing locations.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    on a side note; I'm listening to a killer Moe show from May 29th 2005 I downloaded with my copy of ABC (Another Bitorrent Client).

5. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I use Azureus. I read a lot about port forwarding and that seemed to be the answer to getting super fast downloads. It's funny, most of the bands I download embrace live recording and trading of their music.

I know I'm not the only one that had a big stash of Phish or Dead tapes. Now those were the days of tradin' music :) mailing casettes...snail mail, haha.

6. well, its finsished downloading......what do i do now....*ashamed* :bag:

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    steal yourself some DVD playing software :confused: PowerDVD, WinDVD, etc

8. Well, there's tons of free DVD playing software around. Try google. Do you have a DVD drive? If so, odds are you have some software for that, give that a try.

9. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Exactly what files are in the folder you downloaded? Chances are you need to either mount or burn the DVD image.

10. If you plan on playing it from a hard drive, then you will need to start up the DVD playing software and load the video_ts.ifo file. Alternatively you can burn all 7 files onto a DVD. Make sure the DVD has two folders, one called AUDIO_TS and one called VIDEO_TS. Put the 7 files in the VIDEO_TS folder. Burn. Watch on DVD player.

Of course you could just buy a legal copy and problem solved.