1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BJFE Blue Berry BOD # count

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by saturnbythree, Apr 27, 2010.

1. saturnbythree

saturnbythree

Apr 27, 2008
    Montreal
    i have many elusive pedals in my arsenal, but the one that i still cherish the most has to be my "Blue Berry" i'm curious to know how many are in existence? a ball park figure maybe?

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Just based on mentions around the web, I'd hazard a guess of between 50 and 100. I've got one.

10cc likes this.
  3. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    Yeah but how many DEGOOPED?!

Bongo passes this test too

4. saturnbythree

saturnbythree

Apr 27, 2008
    Montreal

unfortunately mine is not DEGOOPED, but still runs fine as hell!

5. I've got one.

6. alirazz

alirazz

Jun 30, 2009
    Chambana, IL
    I had one in a dream I had last night :( (no joke)

7. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    Ooh, do we get club numbers? Really, only 50 - 100 you think? And now he's stopped making them. I feel very elite.

8. saturnbythree

saturnbythree

Apr 27, 2008
    Montreal
    I think we should post a thread and get some real #'s !

9. I have one :)

10. I want one. Very, very badly.

11. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    I count 5,

12. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
  13. Speaking of which... What ever happened to the pedal board you where getting built? Had some fairly epic pedals going on.

You mentioned it in your 2008 'what goes where' thread, but dodged providing photos. You then mentioned it again nearly a year later in your new custom shop P-Bass thread but dodged the photo question again because it was still under construction....

Remember the unwritten rule: No pics = no board. :p

14. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Rhode Island, USA
    I had lucky #13 for a while. I think I got it from NickyBass, and I traded it to emjazz last year. No idea if he still has it. I miss it :bawl:

15. How do you know the number? I remember it having a bear drawn on the inside, but can't recall a number? It has been ages since I opened mine though, so I could be mistaken...

16. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    Every time the blueberry is mentioned we all wonder "has bongo unlocked its mysteries yet"?

17. I can't search for it right now, but I remember at one point Bongo said he was pretty confident that most of that sound came from a pair of LEDs and a filter on the highs. That's what I recall, anyway. Maybe he'll chime in again.

18. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Rhode Island, USA
    Mine had a number in it. :D

blueberry2.

19. 5stringwonder

5stringwonder

Sep 24, 2006
    Singapore
    I have one #25..

20. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I've had two. The first I bought used and the second one I ordered from Custom-Sounds as they just happened to have on in stock. This was in late 2008 and since that thread is from 2007 I'd guess that maybe another 10-20 have been made in the last couple years which would put the total at around 100.