1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bk Butler/Chandler Tube Driver

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fender_mod, Apr 15, 2010.

1. fender_mod

fender_mod

Jun 23, 2005
    any one know of mods to make this thing more bass friendly? i got the rack mount running at line and this thing just squashes my sounds at higher gain settings.

a lower gain tube might suffice but do you guys know if there's a high pass filter than can be bypassed or an input/output cap that can be upped to allow more lower frequencies through? I'd just like to have a simple mod or two to have a tech do that wont run me too much in labor costs. thanks.

heres a schematic of the pedal version, from what i've read in other forums on the net the rack and the pedal are the same except the rack has a bias pot for the tube and a mid knob in the eq section.

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schemview.php?id=1128

Pontiac Thrasher likes this.
  2. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Anyone?

3. gerry81611

gerry81611 Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2012
    I'm about to order a tube driver from bk butler and he is voicing it for bass guitar. i also heard he will mod the older pedals too so you might reach out to him at butler audio and ask.

hintz likes this.
  4. You could also ask @johnk_10 , he's very good at squeezing more bass out of circuits with underperforming low-end.

hintz likes this.
  5. hintz

hintz

Jun 5, 2014
    wahiawa, HI(Oahu)
    I was gonna say the same about JohnK!! I bet it'd be too easy for him to mod one of these;)

I know he's built clones of these so he probably knows them in and out!

6. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    I think it's out of production now, but the BK Butler "Blue Tube" was a lower gain version of the Tube Driver. It's supposed to sound great on bass, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

7. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    IMO, the blue tube, is awesome with bass. I had one for a while. Used it often and I think its a very cool pedal for bass. I liked swapping the tubes out too to see what type of different tones and sounds I could get out of them. I eventually sold it because it didn't suite my band needs that much. But if I hadn't needed the money at the time, I would still have it. It really is a great pedal.

hintz likes this.
  8. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    hintz likes this.