1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BL wants us to wear "Band" shirts.

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by 4-stringB, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Gwyn ap Nudd

Gwyn ap Nudd

Aug 15, 2018
    First thing that came to mind: The Band Wore Blue Shirts

Apologies if I'm not the first to post it.:woot:

2. RavenRoadie

RavenRoadie

Oct 24, 2017
    Toss it out, that costume crap is so corny and out of date it is crazy. And yes, he is trying to stand out as the undeniable leader the band. Ego has split up more bands than drugs and alcohol.

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

LOL! I've felt your pain, sort of. A few years ago the singer of my busiest band said "Got a great idea: this Halloween we all dress in orange prison jumpsuits!" The guitarist complained because he was struggling financially and planned to wear the same Halloween costume he always wore. I complained because I'd already purchased a costume for this year. But the singer threw a butthurt pouty fit so we (bass, guitar, drums) bought the orange jumpsuits.

We get to the gig with our orange jumpsuits... and the singer was wearing a white-with-black-stripes vintage jailbird costume. Because he's the rockstar and we're his minions. :facepalm:

Sometimes you gotta take the bad with the good, and this wasn't the every-gig issue that you have to deal with. I still had to vent, though.

Last year this band quickly went from my busiest to my least busy, and as of last week it's officially kaput. We had a mostly-successful 15-year run, which obviously meant that his LSD (Lead Singer Disorder) wasn't outrageous, but it was annoying enough that I'm not broken-hearted over the breakup. (No real loss; I play in other bands that have far less drama).

4. RavenRoadie

RavenRoadie

Oct 24, 2017
    maybe he was thinking about the Hamburgler!!

5. Why?

I never understood that cigarette in the ear thing... unless you're Teller...

For that matter... Why just one ear, why not more ciggies in more orifices?

[​IMG]

Stumbo likes this.
  6. bleedingfingers

bleedingfingers

Mar 21, 2006
    Those shirts are all ugly bandleaders is the ugliest
    I think you should draw straws before each gig short straw has to wear the bandleader shirt.
    To be fair

oldrocker and Stumbo like this.
  7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    OK, not really IN the ear.... but OVER the ear. It's just a schtick.

Stumbo likes this.
  8. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    HAHA, me too. As far as a look goes I don't have them wear matching clothes just a similar look with our singer in anything colorful of her choice. Here's our band pic.
    [​IMG]

Jimmy4string and zoonose like this.
  9. I don’t care how “cool” they are, matching outfits are lame.
    Only Devo can pull that off and they’re “Through Being Cool”.

10. Luckydog

Luckydog

Dec 25, 1999
    Ya ever quit a band...and the rest of the band also quit...and somehow everyone but youknowhoo later got back together and started a new band. It happens...just sayin.

zoonose likes this.