Black Arts Pharaoh vs. Pharaoh Supreme

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by moishelichtfuss, Nov 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. So...I'm interested in this, but not sure, which one to get.

I'm well equipped with over-the-top fuzzes (Fairfield Unpleasant Surprise and Dwarfcraft Great Destroyer) and am looking for a more traditional flavor that also veers in distortion-y territory and am not sure, which version to get.

Do the additional clipping modes on the Supreme offer so much more in terms of variation or could you be happy with the three on the regular version?

Totally superficial sidenote: I like the look of the regular version better (color- and knob-wise).

2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    Only tried the Deluxe... some of the modes had some pretty bad low end loss - I think there was one that was over-the-top bassy and one that was just right for me... but I've no idea which on the dial are the same as the standard version!

3. Low-end loss even? I guessed from the website that one of its selling points was the lack of such. Damn.

4. XXL

XXL calm seas dont make skilled sailors

Jun 14, 2007
    Florida
    I havent noticed low end loss and Ive had the Pharaoh Supreme for awhile. I have a thread on here about it. It has six modes for clipping.. Germanium, Asymmetrical Germanium(standard Pharaoh), Silicon (standard Pharaoh), Mosfet, LED and Bypass (standard Pharaoh). Mosfet clipping being my favorite and IMO worth it over the standard version. Also the Pre Gain on the Supreme is a life saver when using it in a mix.. much more useful than just a high low switch.

5. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    Only in some of the modes - as I said, one of the modes had too much low end!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021