1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Black bridge and chrome tuners?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by philthygeezer, Apr 22, 2018.

1. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Would you do it? Thinking about a black Gotoh 201 on my blue-burst P with chrome Hipshot Ultralite tuners on the maple neck. Some combo of black or chrome knobs on black or while pearl pick-guard too.

Has anyone mixed and matched and liked the aesthetic?

2. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    you could look at some 84 g&ls to see what you think

3. mustBmtd

mustBmtd

Sep 28, 2012
    Memphis,Tn
    Not sounding harsh! But sometimes it's all about what satisfies you and what you like about your own axe. Having it the way that helps you enjoy it more when practicing or play. Your not pleasing others. Long as it's staying in tune and delivering the tones you desire. There are times we all as bass players, desire to dress up our axes. I did!

Badwater likes this.
  4. TuneSalad666

TuneSalad666 Banned

Mar 1, 2018
    Denmark
    I guess that would depend on how the rest of the bass looks.

I got a black bridge on a black bass of mine with chrome tuners, and it looks fine to me.

5. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

(don't do it)

6. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Thanks all. Might go chrome knobs on a white pearl pick-guard to offset/balance the chrome neck tuners, and a black bridge/sling studs to remain subtle on the blue body.

People put those black plastic knobs on chrome Jazz bass plates all the time, so I think probably not a big deal.