1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Black Carvin BL40 - $210 +shipping

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Webtroll, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Here's my NBD thread:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/nbd-black-carvin-bl40-1000637/

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/83-basses.html

I like the sound and the way it looks, but I don't like the neck or the weight. It was an impulse buy because it was so cheap (I paid $200 but had to drive an hour each way to get it) and I wanted to check one out. I posted that the neck was Jazz-like, but I'm not sticking to that because it feels bigger. It's certainly deep. The strings don't match up and it could use a setup; I used it for 2 practices and decided it wasn't for me. I could put it on CL again, but I don't like strangers coming in to the house.

This will not polish and look like new, there are too many little dings here and there that are obvious when handling it but didn't show well in pics. I can take pics of specific dings, or just tell you the bass has been used.

Volume and tone work as a volume and tone, and the switch, while not smooth, functions for humbucking/single coil. In humbucking mode through my Mesa D-180 with a LBS Prosound 1X15 it sounded great. In single coil mode I wasn't impressed, but I'm not a single coil kinda guy (never played a Jazz bass I liked).

No case, but I have a box and between the peanuts and bubble wrap I have lying around I should be able to box it up decently.

Shipping: I'd prefer to keep it in the US/Canada and that to established TB members with feedback. It's not that I fear someone is going to rip me off over a cheap bass, I just don't want to deal with trouble. I can get a quote, or if someone knows what the ballpark is for shipping I'm not going to make a big deal over a few bucks.

To be clear the $200 does not include shipping but it does include a cardboard box and bubble wrap. If you are local and are willing to drive here and pick it up it'll be an even $200 (but no cardboard box or bubble wrap, sorry).

Please don't lowball, it's a US made set neck bass that can be gigged with out of the box (although I'd change strings and set it up first if I were you, I would easily take it as a backup to my Precision or Ric). I'm selling to fund GAS and because I need to clear out the basses I'm not playing.

pnK31Pk.

If you have questions I'll answer them to the best of my abilities.

2. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets

Dec 25, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    PM sent

3. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    PM sent.
    I've been thinking about the lb50 and I was like I wish this just had one pickup in the p-spot.
    Research says it's 34" scale
    This is like a neck through L-1000
    But you get to try every guitar pickup you have on it.
    I have to go sell things now to justify buying this if ilovenofrets has beaten me to the punch

4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    This shouldn't last.

5. Webtroll

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    No it's not going to last. Just woke up and have a few folks inquiring already, and I thank all of you for your interest. I'm going to scrub off the cooties and get to work, then will send some replies (and hope the first guy who wants it isn't also asleep so it could take a while).

6. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    Eggs and bacon ya'll.

7. Webtroll

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Sold to second contact pending payment, will lock when the deed is done. Thanks for looking!

8. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    How is the balance?

9. Webtroll

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Seemed fine, the horn is pretty long. Tuners seem heavy, but the whole instrument is quite solid so that's not a surprise.

Either way, this has been paid for, so I'm locking the thread. I felt I got a good deal on it and I wanted to pass that on. Ya'll have a great day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.