1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Black Coated Strings With Multi-Colored Silks?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jasper383, Apr 17, 2010.

1. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    There's a Stingray 5 at my Guitar Center that has black coated strings and multi-colored silks--yellow, red, green, etc.

What are these? They feel like the DR coated strings, but those don't have silk, do they?

2. Hmmm. No, my DR Black Beauties don't have silks. But things may have changed. :rolleyes:

3. Meatrus

Meatrus

Apr 5, 2009
    England
    They are Rotosounds Nexus for sure :smug:.

4. yep nexus, i have them on a bass. i dont like them, but then i dont like roto's

5. krisdouglas

krisdouglas

Apr 26, 2010
    houston, tx
    i just bought a set of roto nexus but haven't put 'em on yet because i didn't know they came with all the rainbow bright crap on 'em. anyone know if they can be bought without the colors? i've heard that roto's are good strings, but i'm not playing them if that's the case...i'll just go back to dr black beauties...

6. Meatrus

Meatrus

Apr 5, 2009
    England
    I dont think you can get them witout the silk, I dont like it either, but I could put up with it, as its really a very minor thing.

You could either strip the silk or colour it, if you hate it that much.

I havent tried the coated rotos, but from what I hear they are much brighter than DR BBs. If thats a good thing for you I would definitely try them.