Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Black diamond strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by zonermusica, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Anyone ever used Black diamond strings? How do you like them? pros, cons?

2. Rezlax31

Rezlax31

Feb 14, 2008
    I have a set of the 500 series black diamond strings on my warmoth with 62 jazz pickups. They sound quite nice to me and have a great sound when i really rock out on them :). Im not sure how durable they are as my one string seems to have a little nick in it but i might have bumped it into the case one time when i quickly had to put my bass away in a hurry. Other wise I cant see any faults in them as the seem fairly affordable too as far as bass strings go (if you buy the model i did). I have yet to try their flatwound or coated strings but I would definatley like to in the future.

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Way back when, when I was starting out, Black Diamond guitar strings were all you could find in any music store in my city. Terrible strings for guitar. Like cables and very stiff. They also didn't last very long before going dead and impossible to tune. Hopefully, this is now a different company with better strings.

4. Rufus

Rufus

Feb 6, 2007
    Texas
    When I was 5 years old (1965), my grandpa always bought Black Diamond strings for his Gibson guitar. He bought them at the jewelry store because that's the only place that had guitar strings.
    As for the original question, I don't know any details about how good the strings are today.
    A note of interest you may consider; I inherited that old Gibson guitar from my Grandpa in 1977. The strings that were on it were Black Diamond strings. They are still on it. That's right! I've never changed the strings since I inherited the guitar, and I still play it at home from time to time. I even used it last month at a church service, and the strings sounded pretty good through a mic.
    Rufus