Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Black Eyed Peas gear burns up in fire...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by baba, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    was it $50k or $500k? conflicting reports in the article.

Maybe they were doing a Hendrix cover?

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I think the building suffered $50k, but their gear was $500k.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Moral: Never leave burning candles unattended, kids...

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I'll have to get on my knees tonight and thank the Music Muse. :D

:bag:

5. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I really like the Black eyed Peas. I feel sorry for them.

6. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I think this is a sign for them to quit music!

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Band members lit candles during the recording session and forgot to blow them out, causing the 3 a.m. fire at Glenwood Place Studios, Capt. Ron Bell said.
    :eyebrow:

8. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Were those suckers the ones who did that awful "Shut up" video? i hope they will shut the **** up now :D I hate that song and that video. :spit:
    makes me cheer up a bit even though a wisdom tooth was taken out... ouch... vent

Edit: please reread the usage agreement.

9. rickbass

Got me, mutant. I never even bothered to look up the titles of their messes. Saw `em on some late night talk show and that was all I could stomach..........more cookie cutter crapola, IMO.

10. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    I don't mind them, but I don't feel the least bit sorry for them either.

You light candles, you blow them out. Not you light candles and the walls burn to the ground.

Besides, their last album sold enough copies so they could buy whatever they lost 100 times over.

11. I think that we all make mistakes and do stupid things. Sometimes it ends up only being a little thing and we learn and nothing more happens. Sometimes we learn the really hard way and have a big problem instead. They're just fortunate that they have more than enough dosh to cover this bill.

Leigh

12. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    I agree. With their success, there are now cookie cutter bands imitating the Peas, but they were fairly original and are very good. I listen to them regularly, even though rap/hip hop isn't my thing.

13. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Are you guys seriously suggesting that they deserve to lose all their gear because you don't like their music? Grow up!

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Amen, Poida! I hate haters. Wait. That makes me a hater!:( I dislike haters.

Not really into the BEPs, but I feel for them. I sure hope that most of the stuff was insured. They do need to learn their lesson about candles, though.

15. That's where it's at!

16. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I dont see how they could have $500k of personal gear. Maybe recording equipment, but seriously, what can cost $500k that they have? They are a mostly vocal hip hop group. I dont expect tons of guitars or anything that costs that much. :eyebrow:

17. rickbass

Maybe their song, "Let's Get Retarded" is closer to the truth than we know. :D