1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Black Guitar Strings ?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Afrokid, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Afrokid

Afrokid

Nov 24, 2006
    I know they have black nylon bass strings but is there something like that for regular guitar? I know this is a bass forum but im not a member of any guitar forum so i figured id post it here.

in that video the guy on the left ( i believe his name is matt ) has black strings on guitar. what are they, and were can i purchase them, and what tonal differences do these black strings have with normal strings?

2. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    DR Black Beauties. Lots of places carry them.

3. hermano_gusano

hermano_gusano

Mar 31, 2009
    DR Black Beauties are the most common- Available from GC, Musicians Friend, Strings and Beyond, ect. Aurora also makes a black anodized string for guitar and bass. Tonally, they have little difference, though both the above are coated/plated strings which do feel different.

4. Also, Roto now makes black coated strings called Nexus.

5. Mazatleco17

Mazatleco17

Mar 27, 2008
    For bass to?

6. wait ! isnt there a company that makes colored strings ? (yellow red blue )

7. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    Yeah, DR does a bunch of colours, not just black.

http://www.stringthis.com/drcobast.html is one of the sites that carry the whole range, but there's a bunch of others.

The hot pinks look good in the appropriate context. Haven't tried the others.

8. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    The stealth black Ritter with pink strings is still my favorite bass on TB.

9. Yup, from what I hear they are great strings too. Only come in four string packs right now, waiting for the fiver.

10. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    Love my DR Black Beauties - seem to last a lot longer too