1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

black j basses with gold hardware or photoshop anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gafbass02, Mar 11, 2008.

1. gafbass02

gafbass02

Nov 9, 2005
    cheltenham uk
    Im awaiting a Geddy at the mo and was thinking of doing gold hardware with a tortie guard, anyone got something similar with pics i can check out to help me decide?

2. BassBob185

BassBob185

Oct 25, 2007
    Rocking Chair
    I had a Schecter and a Fender P with gold hardware.....looked so so but not my preference.

3. I don't think gold and tortoise pickguard on a black body mix too well.

Wait, so you're going to get the GLJB, and replace everything on it (tuners, bridge, screws, control plate, knobs, jack, strap buttons) with gold hardware?

4. gafbass02

gafbass02

Nov 9, 2005
    cheltenham uk
    Thats what im pondering, but its just ponderage at his stage!, ive had a mull through the Geddy thread and cant decide what plate i prefer!

5. I'll admit I've thought about a black 'n' gold J Bass, but it wouldn't be to take a pre-existing one and take out perfectly good parts to replace them with similar parts, just gold-plated. Probably be more adventurous to buy all the parts and build my own Jazz. Thinking about it makes me wayyy too tempted.

6. gafbass02

gafbass02

Nov 9, 2005
    cheltenham uk
    Anyone perhaps able to photoshop one up, or post other black basses with gold hardware ?

7. The J Bass thread should have them. Otherwise, a close approximation would be John Deacon's black P Bass.

8. gafbass02

gafbass02

Nov 9, 2005
    cheltenham uk
    Thanks for the thought dude, i checked but there was plenty of black tortie jazz's but none with the gold hardware.