1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Black Jeans...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jsbass, Feb 22, 2008.

1. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    Anyone still sport em? I noticed a lot of people don't wear em anymore, but I do. I wear Lee Relaxed Fit Black jeans.

[​IMG]

Not to mention they can look metal. :ninja:

2. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    99% of the time I'm wearing a black shirt. So wearing black jeans would just make me look like a bit of a douche I reckon.
    Blue jeans are the only colour that is on me usually. :meh:

3. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    I wear black jeans to work sometimes. I don't really like them, so I know they will make it several years without any major holes.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    In all the times this topic comes up (more than I can comprehend!)... it always gets me listening to one of my fav 80s guys...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pcy9jL4fSQo

I don't have any currently, but will again.

5. I wear black Levi bootcut jeans.

[​IMG]

I also wear a shirt and black shoes. ;)

6. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    i have 20 pairs of levis relaxed fit 550 black and 20 pairs of relaxed fit 550 blue.

7. I like to wear black jeans onstage, I think it's a good look even for "non-metal". But yeah, they're harder to find now than they were in the 80s and 90s.

8. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    20 pairs each, wow! Well, at least you know what you like :cool:

9. Legend has it that Stanley Kubrick went out to dinner with a famous producer who told him he was a genius but that he dressed like a beatnik. The guy gave him a check for like $5,000 to upgrade his wardrobe.

So Kubrick bought $5,000 worth of black turtleneck shirts and black slacks. My kind of guy.

10. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I have two pair of black jeans. \m/ \m/

But most of the time on stage, I wear either my camo military BDU's for the extra cargo pockets, or my black SWAT issue BDU's with uber-pockets. They've even got pockets down on the sides of my shins! I never have to worry about misplacing my earplugs or flashlight or beer tickets or Leatherman or gaffer tape.

11. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    I used too, but they're too hot in the summer.

12. I have a pair of black 3/4 lengths

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    1989 called. He wants his jeans back.

14. I bought a pair of black Wranglers at Wally World a while back but seldom wear them....maybe this weekend I'll break 'em out again. I'm pretty used to good old blue denim.

Factoid for da day: do ya know that "denim" is generally thought to be derived from the phrase "serge de Nimes", which is the town in France where a closely related fabric was invented?

15. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Michael Penn -- good call! Great song and great album (March).

16. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I love wearing black jeans :D

17. Funny, I too think of Michael Penn any time this comes up...time to cue him up on the iPod. Criminally underrated album...."March". And in general, the guy is still making great music.

I wear black jeans often, didn't realize they were reserved for metal or nu metal or whatever, I just like black jeans, and had no idea they went in and out of style.

Mon

18. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I do own a pair of black jeans. My only problem is that all of my non-dress shoes are brown. I'm not sure if black jeans and brown shoes will make me look any dorkier, but why take the chance??

19. I usually only wear my black jeans if I am wearing a non-black shirt (which isn't very often since I mostly wear band shirts, and they are mostly black) or if I am going to just wear a non-black sweatshirt on the whole day. Black on black just doesn't feel right usually :meh:

I do enjoy my black jeans though, they're tough.

20. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I used to, but they really start to look bad when they fade. Unlike blue, which keeps getting better looking as it gets older/more worn out.