Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

black les paul?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by punkfunkfreak, Jul 28, 2002.

1. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    ive been looking for a black les paul (shape at least) bass with ivory coloured pickguard and details.

I saw one in a gig recently and want a closer look. I saw one with a pick guard and another without one, but im not sure if the one without was the same shape exactly, it had white trim around the body and white plastic around the pickups, making them look like guitar humbuckers.

Has anyone got a pic of one or similar?

I think theyre beautiful!

thanx

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
  3. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    thanx alot man.
    :)

i shoulda checked the site first sorry. :rolleyes:

4. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    sweet, any others anywhere people?
    Im looking for a 4 in particular.

5. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    If you're serious about tracking down a Les Paul bass, you might want to see if you can find an LP Recording. I don't think that model is made anymore but it's got all sorts of controls and switches and apparently is among the nicer basses that Gibson has produced.

6. Darrelpr

Darrelpr

Feb 2, 2002
    Texas, USA
    Here's a black LP (no pickguard) but note that the auction is in the UK.

GIBSON LES PAUL BASS

(And FWIW, I agree with DanGouge. If you've got your heart set on an LP bass, see if you can hunt down an LP Recording. They were made in the early - mid '70's if memory serves me correct. If nothing else, it would make a good collector's bass.)

cheers,
    Darrelpr

7. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    i just want an older looking one to stare at. :):):)

8. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
  9. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Here's a picture of my 1977 Hagstrom Swede Bass.
    It has two humbucker pickups and a beautiful Ebony fretboard with large mother of pearl inlays, along with a number of other great features.
    As you can see, it is the shape of a Les Paul, but it doesn't have a pickguard like the 6 string version does.
    This is a great bass. Very under rated and under valued in the vintage market compared to alot of other name brands. But that is quickly changing.
    Chao,
    JC

;)

Sorry, it appears the image is too large. I'll resize it and post it shortly.

10. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    i dont know whether to laugh or cry.

11. i'm hurling.

12. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Lets see if i've resized this down enough to fit. If I haven't, then I apologize.
    This is a very nice Jet Black Swede.
    Cheers,
    JC

13. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    i dont care how cheap or crappy this copy is, i just love the shape and the look. quit it!